MK17 IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
how do i adjust the IP on my scubapro mk17 first stage
on one end is the environmental seal
on the other end there is an allen key type adjustment screw
i think the adjustment screw is for externally tuning the ip, but before messing with it want to make sure
plan is to turn it a little at a time and then recheck the ip
spec's say it should be 133 -142 range, i'm running a little on the high side
thanks for your help

i think the adjustment screw is for externally tuning the ip

NO!

The exposed one is the seat retainer, and not for adjusting IP. The IP adjustment is made by removing the environmental seal, exposing the hex key adjustment by removing the plunger/load transmitter. There is a procedure for doing this correctly, including the state of pressurization when putting it back together. Suggest you find the maintenance document...

thanks for the heads up .. appreciate it

I’m glad Bob caught you on this right away, the posed one is the balance chamber and to adjust the IP you will need a spanned wrench to remove the seal retianer that is under the plastic cap. I wouldn’t worry about the IP unless it over 150 or creeps, most of the newer mk17’s I’ve had come set just below 150.

that sounds a bit high to me but I don't have my book in front of me , what do you think it should be set too bob ? I trust your advice on this

Not Bob.

I wouldn’t set it above 140 after service or having it open but I won’t open one that is 150 if it’s steady just to lower it, for me and my use.

yeah I thought so not many regs I will set over 135-140

I bought two of them(Halcyon Clones made by Tabita no doubt, under license from SP) when I got two Halcyon G-250V copies.

Mine were 145 out of the box, I dropped them to 130 because the MK-17 tends to go up in IP as tank pressure drops.

Make sure you put the clear silicone seal back on while the reg is still pressurized if you futz with it.

Back
Top Bottom