Mk10 IP creeps after serviced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still have any of those MK10 pistons that you can let go?

Yes, actually awap has our box of parts at his house, but there are several NOS MK10 pistons in there. Send me a PM, I'll send you his contact info and I'm sure he can get one out in the mail soon.

good to see this thread is turning into piston selling thread :D

Me too! I've got the same problem with my new (to me) MK10+ - the creep looks exactly like the video in the OP.

What seat are you using? The 10+ uses the same seat as the MK-20/25

Since a tech did it I won't know what parts he used (or didn't use) until I get some tools. As I understand it, it would be difficult to use the wrong seat (MK10 proper) with the MK10+ seat retainer?

I thought maybe it was the wrong seat, too, but I'm not sure how likely a scenario that actually is. I have a new MK10+ seat as well as the HP o-rings and some grease, so now I just need a few tools. But in the mean time I scored a beautiful specimen of an MK10 proper that just served me well for my first day at OW :)

I have a near mint completely rare satin MK10+ including new spare piston, o rings, new bushings, new spring, all that's required to rebuild one with all new parts twice over etc etc if anyone's interested. I couldn't get it to stop creeping and gave up. Message me if you're keen I'm sure we can work out a nice price for the lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom