MK10 filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfcoaster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What generic filter fits the MK10? I think I've sourced all other repair parts - o-rings from McMaster, filter retainer, hp seat, etc - but no joy on the filter.

Is there a Trident filter that fits the MK10 ??

(Should be a link to filters on the scuba museum site.)

Filters are on p.61 of the Trident catalog. I'm guessing it's an AA70.

Thanks you for that info and link. I purchased a couple.

I'll measure them when they arrive and compare to the Trident AA70.

I think the MK10 uses the same conical filter introduced with the latest MK5, and used subsequenty on all other Scubapro regs.
Any Scubapro dealer should have them as spare parts for a few bucks.
And of course you find one if you buy a MK5-10 service kit.
The part number is 01-028-109.
See here for a supplier of compatible parts: Conical Sinter Filter for Scubapro 1st Stage as part no SG 01.028.109
This one instead of you are in Europe, this looks to be original OEM:

I think the MK10 uses the same conical filter introduced with the latest MK5, and used subsequenty on all other Scubapro regs.
Any Scubapro dealer should have them as spare parts for a few bucks.
And of course you find one if you buy a MK5-10 service kit.
The part number is 01-028-109.
See here for a supplier of compatible parts: Conical Sinter Filter for Scubapro 1st Stage as part no SG 01.028.109
This one instead of you are in Europe, this looks to be original OEM:
Thanks for that info on the Scuba Gaskets filter - that's definitely the one, don't know how I missed that!

Here's a picture of the MK10 service kit that Scuba Gaskets offers.. Is that the total sum of the parts in this kit? Where are all the other o-rings ?

SG kit (Small).jpg

Thanks for that info on the Scuba Gaskets filter - that's definitely the one, don't know how I missed that!

Here's a picture of the MK10 service kit that Scuba Gaskets offers.. Is that the total sum of the parts in this kit? Where are all the other o-rings ?

View attachment 770442
This kit only contains the dynamic O-rings, the ones which should be replaced in "normal" service intervals (typically 5 years, for a well-managed and silicon-packed MK10 with SPEC boot).
This is not a "full rebuild kit".
Here another supplier of a maintenance kit for the MK10: https://www.diveshop4u.eu/eng/catalog/1/36/313/2631

Is the red part in the Scuba Gaskets kit pictured above an o-ring or a washer? - I believe it's the hp seat "seal" - it's been referred to as a bushing, gasket and washer on the board. On the annotated schematic I have it is referenced as part 01-050-147, D85 013 o-ring (purple).

Sorry, I was trying to attach a reg schematics and SP o-ring chart but can't get the "security" figured out. Probably got them from something Dr. Farina posted in the past anyway.

This kit only contains the dynamic O-rings, the ones which should be replaced in "normal" service intervals (typically 5 years, for a well-managed and silicon-packed MK10 with SPEC boot).
This is not a "full rebuild kit".
Here another supplier of a maintenance kit for the MK10: https://www.diveshop4u.eu/eng/catalog/1/36/313/2631

Where are the experienced do it yourselfers sourcing the complete collection of o-rings for a rebuild?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom