MK 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full Circle

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I like my
MK17/S600
and would like it even more if SCUBAPRO would have added two more rivets to the metal plate in front of the second stage. Can’t tell you how many times that thing gets hung up on mesh bags and bent out never to return to its original position.
scubapro-mk-17-s-600.jpg

Last edited:
That is the older style of cover. If you have a Scubapro dealer, they may be able to order & install the new metal "cross". Or may look at the newer covers & purge covers, the metal is a circular ring.
I’ll have to ask.

One more question regarding the Pro Glide BCD. Does SCUBAPRO make repair kits for the pockets? I’m on my second BCD and they both have ripped just above the weight pocket pouch. Between the two they have seen nearly 1,400 dives so that might be the issue :)

Your local dealer can get the newer S600 cover...it's a nice update.

IMO, if yours still has the plastic air barrel, you may as well get the metal upgrade kit while you're at it. Well worth it!

I’ll have to ask.

One more question regarding the Pro Glide BCD. Does SCUBAPRO make repair kits for the pockets? I’m on my second BCD and they both have ripped just above the weight pocket pouch. Between the two they have seen nearly 1,400 dives so that might be the issue :)
As an instructor, you probably carry many of your "tools of the trade" in the pockets. Might just be a bit of an overload,... or perhaps a design flaw,... I couldn't say for sure. No repair kits that I am aware of & to get them sewn back into place my risk the bladder.. Just an idea,.... you might look into some neoprene shorts with large bellows pockets on them. Might be able to divide up the equipment among the 4 pockets & save some wear & tear.

Replacing the older version of the metal cosmetic "cross" can easily be done and is worth it.

Above, James recommended the metal housing tube (barrel as I like to call it). Here is my recommendation regarding this - if you are diving in warm tropical waters use the polymer plastic barrel because it minimizes corrosion growth one commonly sees on regulators that are used in salt water. The metal barrel is preferred when diving in colder water, especially high elevation lakes. The metal barrel offers a much better heat transfer than the polymer plastic.

Good luck and enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom