Mk. 2 and Mk. 3 Undergarment Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guy,
you are correct in assuming most people leave the sleeves on the john, and remove them from the jacket. We do however like to give people the option do to both though. Also some people like to wear the MK1 under the John and remove the sleeves on warmer days...it can go both ways. It's all about being comfortable. let us know how things work out for you.
Thanks Doug,

In any sizing choice where you are on the edge in a Fusion, I'd go for the bigger size. I can dive my husband's L/XL perfectly comfortably (and I can get the zipper done by myself!) although my S/M is a better overall size for me.

I can't conceive of trying to do an hour's dive in a Mk2 in 53 degree water. 70 degree water, maybe.

In any sizing choice where you are on the edge in a Fusion, I'd go for the bigger size. I can dive my husband's L/XL perfectly comfortably (and I can get the zipper done by myself!) although my S/M is a better overall size for me.

I can't conceive of trying to do an hour's dive in a Mk2 in 53 degree water. 70 degree water, maybe.

Lynne, the Fusion's going to have to wait on funds (unless I can talk my buddy into loaning me his just received, never been in the water, birthday present to himself Fusion Bullet - yeah, right), so I'm having to upgrade my gear for Fundies and then tech via the rock soup method, adding ingredients when available. To be fair, when we were demo'ing the Fusion we were surveying, and I was mostly running line while he was holding it. So while I felt cold when I was recording data, he was miserable most of the time. I know he's looking to boost his insulation now that he's got a Fusion.

But we've both managed 1 hour + dives in our neo suits with single layer fleece and a wicking layer under it, in 48 degrees without turning into popsicles, PROVIDED we were swimming most of the time. In the Fusion, once we bailed and swam for the beach we felt okay, if not exactly warm. But we were moving very fast:D

I can see now why the Whites guys looked kind of shocked when we told them we wanted to try the Fusion with only the Mk.2 and a base layer under it. I'm sure we would have been a lot happier with a Mk.2 over a Mk.1, or the Mk. 2 jacket sans sleeves over the Mk.2 john. I wish I'd had time to try those combos and a Mk.2 under my CF200, as well.

Guy

On the Mares undergarment the cuffs are rib-knit.....

The collar is fleece with a velcro closure tab......

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom