Mixing 1 and 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heigo

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I own two scubapro s600 wich i would like to use for some tech diving courses. I have one MK18 ist stage now. My first tought was to by another mk 18 but really, i would prefer a non turret reg. So any recommendations on what 1st stage to go with? Could i for example buy two apexs 1st stages and get a good setup?

Thanks...

Get 2 DS4 and you will be able to have a perfect gear set up....
Mania
PS. I have one DS4 and one MK25

I also use a dual DS4 configuration and am pleased with the low profile hose routing. The only time I could see you running into trouble is if you have a dual bladder & drysuit that require whips. Otherwise everything comes out the bottom and everything is very neat.

heigo:
Could i for example buy two apexs 1st stages and get a good setup?

you could, but the problem is going to be finding a shop that services both
Scubapro and Apeks.

if you have access to such a shop, then you can mix and match without much
worry

Thank you guys.
What can you say about the performance, will it be equal to that of mk18/s600?

I won't have any problems with the service, were i send my regs the do em all.

How about MK16? YOu have already had two 2nd stage and one stage in SP. I agree Apeks DS4 is a great 1st though. I don't see any particular reason to mix the brand.
MK16 has been on sale ($106) at Diveinn.com once. I think MK17 eventually replaces MK16 in EU market soon.

I got myself a MK 17. So i will use the mk 18 as my primary in cold water and the mk 17 in warm water since its got a higher flowrate. I think that seems like a good set-up. Please write if you guys disagree

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom