Mixed Sizes on BCDs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmonsjr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering if anyone knew if it were possible to order a mixed size BCD (XL BCD/Lg cummerbund), specifically an Excursion, directly from Oceanic and if there is any additional cost for doing so. I saw on their website that it was possible to order an additional cummerbund, but I would rather save the $25 since I already know that an XL cummerbund is way too big on me. Thanks.

Jason

I have an XL Excursion and you can shorten up the cummerbund very easily.
The procedure for doing that is in the manual so it must not impact the safety of the BCD.

Basically your just doing an extra fold where the cummerbund is attached to the backplate.
I had to do this on mine and I love it - it works excellent.

So if you can't order what you want you can shorten the XL cummerbund yourself without having to cut or damage your BCD in anyway -- Its a perfectly harmless adjustment you can make on it.

That sounds painless enough. Thanks for the great tip!

Not Oceanic but FYI, mixing and matching the shoulder and waist sections on Zeagles is common. You can get pretty much any combo you want.

Back
Top Bottom