Mistral rebuild clarification question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all.

Well, it's assembled. Guys you were right about the little o-ring. I didn't have too much of a problem but I can see if you've never worked with small o-rings where that could be a total pain.

Things went together pretty easy for a first try and I took a little time trying to get the lever height right. Is there a procedure for doing that? You know, first tighten these screws, then adjust the lever with the thumb screws, and then re-tighten all the screws? It just wasn't very intuitive.
It's a painstaking incremental process. I get the lever height to a point where when everything is tightened down, the diaphragm is installed and the cans are pressed tightly together there is a slight freeflow of air. Then I readjust the lever height ever so slightly down, and test it as above one more time. If no freeflow I call it good. If you still have freeflow, rinse and repeat. My 2psi.

Internals in place.

Attachments

• PXL_20230306_180417806.jpg
    PXL_20230306_180417806.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 36
New silicone duck bill.

Attachments

• PXL_20230306_182253827.jpg
    PXL_20230306_182253827.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 38
All done.

And yes, I have a new set of yellow hoses at home, and a yellow mouthpiece. Hoses weren't delivered before I came to work so I had to borrow from another reg. so I could test without blowing my lungs out.

Definitely going for original colors though. I think this is a 1958 and had yellow hoses and mouthpiece. That's what it had when I bought it and I think it was all original.

Attachments

• PXL_20230306_190442156.jpg
    PXL_20230306_190442156.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 38
Thanks again for the help guys. Like i said, I'll update after a dive.

It's a painstaking incremental process. I get the lever height to a point where when everything is tightened down, the diaphragm is installed and the cans are pressed tightly together there is a slight freeflow of air. Then I readjust the lever height ever so slightly down, and test it as above one more time. If no freeflow I call it good. If you still have freeflow, rinse and repeat. My 2psi.
Thanks, that's kind of what I did. It just seemed that every time I thought I had the adjustment right, I would snug the 2 plate screws down and it would change the lever height. Are those screws supposed to be not screwed in tight?

Thanks, that's kind of what I did. It just seemed that every time I thought I had the adjustment right, I would snug the 2 plate screws down and it would change the lever height. Are those screws supposed to be not screwed in tight?
Screw them in fairly tight. They change the height of the platform too a bit when screwed in.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom