Mistake thread......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea, well, you are standing there in your avatar in your birthday suit mister, so I wouldn't laugh much :11doh:

Alright, I'll 'fess up for my most recent and all-time best.

Backward roll off a boat in Philippines wearing backplate and wing with crotch strap, three dives short of the magic number 1,000 - could it possibly be easier?

Gear up, reach between legs pull crotch strap through, thread belt through crotch strap loop, buddy check and just fall over backwards WOOHOO AND LET'S GO DIVING!!!!!!

Fell backwards as planned, head, shoulders and chest hit the water and there I stuck, upper half wet, lower half (now higher than upper half) kicking fruitlessly in the air while the other divers howled.

What happened?

The side of the boat had a rope running along it (so divers in the water can hold on while removing gear and passing it up to the boat bouy). Said rope was anchored fore and aft.

I'd managed to loop my crotch strap around the bloody rope and could do nothing but dangle upside-down staring at the reef with my reg in my mouth (good thing!) trying to figure out how I was stuck.

There are photographs :sad:

thepurplehammerhead:
I'd managed to loop my crotch strap around the bloody rope and could do nothing but dangle upside-down staring at the reef with my reg in my mouth (good thing!) trying to figure out how I was stuck.

There are photographs :sad:

We have a winner:D The mental image is priceless - don't need pictures.

How long did they let you dangle, before taking pity on you?

catherine96821:
yea, well, you are standing there in your avatar in your birthday suit mister, so I wouldn't laugh much :11doh:
I think that thepurplehammerhead may have surpassed you...
seerog.gif

My biggest mistake was underestimating the mighty ocean.

I once brainfarted and mistook the hours and minutes remaing NDL on my computer for minutes and seconds. It took a few minutes of my wife staring at me like I was daft before I came to my senses.

On one day when my wife stayed back at the hotel, I grabbed one of her booties and one of mine while throwing my gear in the boat bag. Not only was her bootie two sizes too small for me, but they were both for the same foot!

I was in Puerto Vallarta in a boat with a bunch of new divers. The DM was my girlfriend at the time and she was giving the dive breifing and telling the newbies that I was very experienced bla, bla,bla, and I would be at the back watching them in case they had a problem. I was sitting on the side of the boat and was going to backroll in. For some reason that day I sort of twisted as I was going in, sort of sideways. The ladder was not pushed out of the way and it had these stumps at the top to grab on to when you got to the top. As I went backwards, my BC caught on the stump and I ended up hanging from it with just the tips of my fins in the water. Needless to say, my girlfriend and the captain let me hang there and after the laughter subsided proceeded to give a little safety speech to the newbies about how even the most experienced divers can have problems if they are not careful. After her lesson, the captain, Junior, finally unhooked me. I live there for most of the year and of course everyone at the pier heard about it so every once in a while I still get kidded about it.

Heh, not enough dives to have had any screw ups worth mentioning. My best screw ups are skiing and bike riding related.

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom