Mistake thread......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999:
We have a winner:D The mental image is priceless - don't need pictures.

How long did they let you dangle, before taking pity on you?

I have the pictures in my possession, no price could ever tempt me...

I dangled for about a minute as my "buddy" took photos and a quick video, until I figured it out, looped my legs back onto the boat, and using my a55 as a pivot did an upside down sit-up to reach and undo my belt clip.

I then flopped gently into the sea, ego in tatters and sunk mournfully beneath its waves, looking for a buddy to strangle with my octo hose.

N.B. For anyone who dives BP/W out there who intends to pick me up on details, my buckle is on the left side of the loop for easy release (not very DIR, but then I never said I was)

There are photo's to prove that too...you can have one of them, no problem

@ PPD people, can you help find the one with the matching ill-fated hat??

Oh, I was in Palau in December and we were diving off a sailboat which was our private live aboard. It is quite narrow along the sides of the main cabin and I slipped as I was pulling one of the weight pouches out of my BC. I dropped it overboard, never to be seen again...

:lol:

Dennis, you shouldn't speak about your boy like that!

Z...

Mine was pretty easy. In one of my first qual dives way back when for my original certification, we got our gear put together, checked out, and turned the air back off so as not to waste it. When our turn to get in the spring came, I was shocked to find that my air was dropping drastically. I was still at the surface, but semi-panicking. *** is wrong with my gear? A kind soul turned it back on for me. Later I'd show off my neat mask clearing skills, to find that I had ascendeded off the platform in the mean time and hit the surface. DOH!

Other than that I've done fairly well thankfully, though I do panic at least a couple of times each dive, as my buddy (and wife) orbits in random patterns, typically somewhere above and behind me, unless of course I look there first.

AXL72:
-jumpsed off boat without weights, only to say, duh! why am i not sinking?
Me too......but then followed it up with having it handed down to me in the water and putting it on....only to lose it inside a cavern and ending up against the ceiling. Managed to extricate myself with buddies help. Felt very foolish! :D

Ok
I keep my reg attached to a hose clip to keep it out of my way when we swim out. Left it attached through the dive not realizing until i surfaced at the end why I couldn't moove my head back and forth. Left my booties and dove with sandals on trying to be "the man". I still have the scares.
Who hasn't:
Gone down with out turning air on?
Went down with snorkel in mouth instead of reg?
Left (weights, fins, booties) fill in the blank?
Atleast once learned something the hard way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom