Missle Tower 3/3-3/4 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FathomDiveWear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought I'd post my dive report here too...

Yesterday I headed out with a group of guys to dive the Polaris Missle Tower. 12 Miles from the Shelter Island launch ramp. We motored out on Saturday, glassy smooth all the way dropped anchor right on the tower and away we went. The vis was INCREDIBLE at least 75 ft horizontal at depth. No current or swell. We spent about 24 minutes on the bottom and another 36 on the ascent and deco. The big Lingcod were out in force as were some huge Sculpin. We stoppped to check on a plaque that my friend Ray Simon, owner of ther Scuba Center at Camp Pen, had hung way back n 1996.

DIve stats:

Max Depth: 164'
Total run time: 60 Min.
Temp. 49f
Avg depth 82

On sunday the topside was shot, big waves lots of wind and strong current. We decided to go anyway and I stayed topside to tend the boat. I had waves breaking into the Zodiac, and in was interesting to say the least. I put 5 guys in and hung out battling the wind and waves. After about 50 minutes, We got all 5 back on board safely. Conditions on the bottom were awesome again, so I guess I missed out. But, It was much easier having me up there with the weather th way it was.

So until next time.......which by the way will be Lake mead this weekend to do my Tri-mix class and dive the PBY Catalina!!:crafty:

Thanks for posting your dive report, it sounds like some hardcore diving to me. Stay safe and look forward in reading about your Catalina dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom