Missing text

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A strange thing has been happening on viewing some posts, and it seems to be some posts quoting another post. Some of the text is missing (not displayed) although if I highlight the test and do a copy and paste, I can see that it is there, just not displayed.

Can you provide us a link to a post where this is happening or is it happening randomly across the board?

Chad

Here is an example:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=45052&page=3&pp=15

I've enclosed a screen shot of what I see on internet explorer. If I do a shift click and highlight of the text post and then paste it to a notepad doc, this is what I get:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog246
Speedo type here (although I don't look quite as good in them as I used to ) What are "jammers". I go to dive not be watched, if people don;t like what I'm wearing, don't look.

Groundhog is lying. I've dove with him and several times have had to dive away in horror as he decided to start 'strutting.'

It's not a pretty scene, let me assure you. :)

As you can see, all the text is actually there, but not all displayed. And there is no scroll bar to move the window over, as you can see the right edge of the post window in the screen capture.

Weird.

I plead ignorance. Tech Admin should be along shortly.

I wish I could have been of more help.

Chad

I've got no idea what is causing this either but I will take a look. Hopefully this will be resolved when the next software update comes out this week or when we implement a new template skin.

Warren, what browser are you using? What screen resolution? Have you seen anything similar on other web sites? I think it's an issue with it wrapping, but mostly on your end. It's fine on all three of my computers with both Explorer and Netscape.

I'm using internet explorer, but it is a networked computer underwhich I do not have control of the software (read: work computer, lol).

It seems to be fine now that I look at the thread from my home computer, but what puzzles me is that this is the only forum that it is happening with, and it was fine before the upgrade. It could very well be something on my end but I can't figure out what would cause this.

It involves the way the admins here have done their board upgrade. They neglected to add what's known as the "liquid view" which uses percentage based tables instead of fixed width tables.

WW

The only template changes we have made to the table structure is to let the page width expand (auto / 100%). Beyond that it should be pretty much default tables as per the vbulletin templates.

Back
Top Bottom