Missing Diver off Terranea Resort (OML)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You must have been At Buchanan's Reef. Hawthorne Reef is a mile and a half away and there is no kelp there.

You are right. We were just on the other side of Pt. Vincent by Hawthorne reef but at the kelp line at 60ft not out at the the reef. I got mixed up. Neither my buddy or I are AOW so we chose the shallower dive that day. I was even thinking of doing a dive at Terranea as our second dive but it did not work out. It makes me sad that we were in the area but fate just did not let us be in the right place at the right time to help.

Last edited:
I read in the news where the husband said he last saw her driving away to go dive, wearing her wetsuit. They lived in Marina Del Rey. Who would suit up in Marina Del Rey and drive to PV? Seems strange. Sad story. Sorry to hear you had to be the one to find and help her larsdennert, that because it is a very tramatic thing to go through, hope all is well with you!

I thought this was strange myself. I have heard of and seen people do this; however, it has been pretty hot recently to make any drive in a wetsuit...

I thought this was strange myself. I have heard of and seen people do this; however, it has been pretty hot recently to make any drive in a wetsuit...
I thought it was strange too but the press got alot things wrong in this case so it is not unreasonable that this was a bit of a misprint. Im not sure if she made a drive in her wetsuit but she did make a dive in her wetsuit. :shakehead:

I thought it was strange too but the press got alot things wrong in this case so it is not unreasonable that this was a bit of a misprint. Im not sure if she made a drive in her wetsuit but she did make a dive in her wetsuit. :shakehead:

Either way, I am glad you guys found her; and I hope you are all doing alright.

Thank you for your concern for us too. It was deceptively more traumatic than "tough" divers would like to admit. Fortunately we have discussed it quite a bit among ourselves afterwards as well as the predive planning for the possibility of finding her. The four of us having been diving together for fifteen years and we all stayed clear-headed.

Back
Top Bottom