Missing Diver off Terranea Resort (OML)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all have been talking about it at our local dive shop.
I dive with a group every Sunday at OML/Terrenea and we rarely see any snorkelers.
A few spearos from time time.
Not the best place to snorkel as the kelp is very thick from just north of the cove along towards Long Point.
Entry and exits can be difficult depending on the waves at the cove or swell/surge at the point.
VIS can vary daily from <2' upwards to 30-40', averaging maybe 15'.
Water temp is always cooler out at the point. Right now it is 57 degrees brrrrr.
Amazing as just over at Catalina it it 68 degrees
Currents can be tricky.
Hopefully we can get more information.

Blue, I explained shallow water black out, currents, depths, Etc. They edited at will...

Be safe out there!

I used to free dive at Marineland a lot before I was scuba certified, as does Don. The only place I was ever concerned was near shore in the cove east of the cave. Overhangs, kelp and generally dirty water used to make me think about getting caught in less than ten feet of water.

I do hope they find her.

The case has been turned over to homicide investigators. They gave no explanation for the change in the case.

Standard procedure. Every unanticipated death (inlcuding scuba fatalties) is treated as a homicide until shown otherwise. Nothing unusual here and don't read anything in to it.

- Ken

I concur with Ken, during my short stint with LAPD ('81) we were taught that most homicides happen within a family or friends (where emotions run highest), and looking at then immediate aquaintences of the victim is paramount. This process is ongoing today, I too pray that we find her! This is not good on any level.

Be Safe Out There!

Back
Top Bottom