Misfit equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really don't post much but maybe my sharing will help someone else.

Last weekend I rented a 7 mil. I usually wear a 3. I forgot to lengthen the harness on my BP/W. When I put on my kit I immediately realized it was too tight. I thought, "no big deal, it will loosen up in the water." It was so tight that I could barely reach the back of my head to put on my mask. We only did a 25 minute dive, I was uncomfortable but ok, but I strained my back pretty darn bad. I haven't been able to stand up straight for a week now and I have been in pain. No diving for me this weekend. :(

Morale of the story - Don't be lazy like me. Adjust equipment as needed.

WebMonkey (I think) posted a story a week or so back about getting in the water despite something not being quite right, and having it turn bad.

I think it's one of the hardest things, to have the discipline to say to yourself, "No, I won't "make do" on this dive." Fix the little things, so they don't contribute to the spiral into the "incident pit" if something goes wrong underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom