Minor power inflator failure on dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlesml3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gang,

I almost didn't post this but I figure a little more collective knowledge is a good thing. Anyway, I was in Cozumel last week and jumped in on the 2nd dive of the morning. When I got to the bottom, I noticed that my power inflator had come loose from the accordion hose. It had slipped past the zip ties and was hanging from the shoulder dump string.

No big deal, really. I had to shove it back in and hold it there when I needed some air in my BC. That's about it. The BC would hold air as long as the end of the hose was lower than air bubble in the BC.

I never thought to check this before the dive. I fixed it when we got back to the dive shop and those zip ties are TIGHT now.

-Charles

why they dont make these hoses like large diameter LP hoses (brake lines) with screw-on connections amazes me...

Back
Top Bottom