Minimum training standard to start with a rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is something wrong with your scooter or is that typical of how they sound?

Nothing wrong with it, just how it sounds when you mount a gopro directly on the nose of the DPV. As my dive buddy on a SS Magnus can attest, my Genesis is actually very quiet.

What does the community consider the minimum level of training and experience before a diver should consider getting trained on a rebreather.

It has nothing to do with training.

It has everything to do with winning the lottery to be able to afford the damn things :wink:

It has everything to do with winning the lottery to be able to afford the damn things :wink:

revo II hCCR: $3000-$4500
Cells: $200/year
Sorb: $200/keg
Mod 1: $1500-$2500
-------------------------------
Getting 2-3 100m, 2-3 hour dives off a single 20cf tank of trimix with plenty of gas to spare: priceless ​:D

.... and what about the bailout required for these dives :D

.... and what about the bailout required for these dives :D

Buy it once and never (knock on wood) have to refill :wink:

I agree with the guideline that says something like: You need a rebreather when the diving you have planned requires a rebreather to do it with the maximum level of security and confidence. In other words, when a rebreather is the right tool for the job.

I agree with the guideline that says something like: You need a rebreather when the diving you have planned requires a rebreather to do it with the maximum level of security and confidence. In other words, when a rebreather is the right tool for the job.

<devils advocate> A well trained and disciplined CCR diver who follows his checklist and his training is as safe or safer than most open circuit divers today. The dangers people associate with CCR diving are nearly completely mitigated by performing a checklist before diving, following your training, not taking unnecessary risks, carrying appropriate bailout and safety equipment, and not deviating from these things just for the sake of making a dive. </devils advocate>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom