Minimum requirements for tech courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't read all the comments. I'm taking tec 40 now (well, I've done the homework). The Tec 40 manual states (apologies if this is a copyright violation, but clarity is important).

Prior to enrolling in the Tec Deep Diver course, will need to verify that you meet these prerequisites:
1. Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
2. Certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
3. Minimum age: 18 years
4. Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent
5. Certified as a PADI Deep Diver or equivlalent
6. Havea minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and at least 15 dives that were deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.

THere's of course the apprentice tec diver course, but I think this covers it well enough.

Now if instructors toss out the requirements, that's not good.

I haven't read all the comments. I'm taking tec 40 now (well, I've done the homework). The Tec 40 manual states (apologies if this is a copyright violation, but clarity is important).

Prior to enrolling in the Tec Deep Diver course, will need to verify that you meet these prerequisites:
1. Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
2. Certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
3. Minimum age: 18 years
4. Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent
5. Certified as a PADI Deep Diver or equivlalent
6. Havea minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and at least 15 dives that were deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.

Tec Deep Diver is what Tec 50 used to be called when the progression was DSAT Tec and DSAT Tec Deep.

Prereqs for 40, 45, and 50 below.

Tec 40...

Tec_40.JPG

Tec 45...

Tec_45.JPG

Tec 50...

Tec_50.JPG

Attachments

• Tec 40.jpg
    Tec 40.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Tec 45.jpg