Minimum age for NitrOx Diver... (split)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Netdoc, Whats the lower age limit on NAUI nitrox cert. My little guy is 14 and PADI Rescue. &BTW, did you get my PM last week?

N@rco$i$:
Netdoc, Whats the lower age limit on NAUI Nitrox cert. My little guy is 14 and PADI Rescue. &BTW, did you get my PM last week?

The minimum age for both NAUI Nitrox and NAUI Scuba Rescue Diver are both 15 years of age.

NAUI Junior Open Water certification and NAUI Junior Advanced Open Water certifications have a minimum age limit of 12 years of age.

Both of the junior certifications have a depth limit of 60 feet.

15 is the minimum for NAUI, I will check on SDI for you in a few.

BTW, the course date has changed to November 4th, 2006. I AIN'T missing Vortoberfest! :D

AstroDad:
FWIW... SSI will do 'em at 14. Mine just did.

I was thinking about checking that place out. My usual dive shop has new management and I am not a big fan. If you know what I mean. Can I do a nitrox and advanced with SSI if I am NAUI open water certified?

git-r-dun diver:
I was thinking about checking that place out. My usual dive shop has new management and I am not a big fan. If you know what I mean. Can I do a nitrox and advanced with SSI if I am NAUI open water certified?

Woods & Water is the oldest dive shop in Hillsborough County. You would like Ed and his wife Terry (they run the shop together). I've known and done business with them since 1986 - they're good people. Unlike many (most?) dive shops owners, Ed is an EE and Terry is the Math Dept head at a local HS and teaches AP Calculus. In other words, they got game. Ed has this taste for dry, bad jokes, so beware.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble with SSI Nitrox as long as you can show Ed your NAUI c-card. The Nitrox course is no big deal - a four chapter book, one night class and a test. SSI doesn't actually have an AOW course - you take four specialty courses (Nitrox is one) and log 24+ dives to become AOW under SSI.

Give Ed or Terry a call at 684-0122. Tell him Chris sent you. They're open from noon to 7pm weekdays, and I forget the hours on Saturday.

Thanks for the info. I have to buy a couple of weights today for my dive this weekend so I will check them out. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom