Question Mini Scuba Diving Tank .5L

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fbron223

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello, I'm a new member to the forum. Although I will not be diving, I have a question about using diving gear for a project. Do you think it would be safe to use a Mini Scuba Diving Tank under a tyvek hood for spraying 2k clear coat? I would only be spraying for about 2 minutes then leave the area. I need to be able to breath fresh air and avoid breathing the dangerous 2k clear coat spray. I'm considering doing this because it will be a lot cheaper than buying a supplied air respirator. Thank you

I'll say no. You still have open nostrals, open eyes. And very limited time.
If you want to do it on the cheap and fairly safe, go find a used SCBA (I've seen cheap, aged out, never used on places like eBay). Feed that off a full size scuba tank.

When you say "under a Tyvek hood": Is the hood a real hood with vision protection or just a Balaclava type thing?
If it's a full hood with vision panel, then yes you could use a mini tank as canned air but it will only last a few minutes. Plus, you'll need to figure out some way to get a good seal around the tank with the hood.
If it's a Balaclava, just get a nice full face gas mask. (Home Depot hundred Bucks)

Wow have you seen these

1726173840838.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom