Mini Diving Air Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll just leave it out there and when aqualung starts using it I’ll sue them for 20million!

do we get a settlement stipend for being corroborating witnesses?

I don’t see why not.
If you choose me, I'ma want two really nice stainless rigging carabiners. You can have the other 19,999,800. :)

It’s not free diving if you have an air supply, I like your idea for quick shallow dives you should get some reasonable dive time, I would call it microscuba.
I can see that. I usually do real shallow (12') quickie shore dives all winter here as I only dive wet. Usually last 20 minutes, one in a day. Would one of these things be suitable for that? Enough air?

I can see that. I usually do real shallow (12') quickie shore dives all winter here as I only dive wet. Usually last 20 minutes, one in a day. Would one of these things be suitable for that? Enough air?
I don’t think I would mess with these low cost pumps filling a pony but pony bottles don’t cost a lot, 19, 30, 40 CF pony’s could be used easily enough slung on a long strap or even rig up a harness with a small wing and clip off two pony’s, one one each side....oh wait I may have just reinvented side mount. :wink:

All joking aside it would be a light weight way to get a decent short (ish) shallow dive in, micro sidemount scuba.

If you start inhaling from a compressed tank while at depth and then make a rapid ascent (as you do in free diving ) you WILL get in serious trouble and possibly get yourself killed.

Only if you hold your breath. Since you are breathing, the impulse would be to keep breathing, not start holding your breath. Also, diving to the depth these tanks allow, for the time they allow would not cause any nitrogen build up, so the bends is not in question.

Got to say bye.

Only if you hold your breath. Since you are breathing, the impulse would be to keep breathing, not start holding your breath. Also, diving to the depth these tanks allow, for the time they allow would not cause any nitrogen build up, so the bends is not in question.

Got to say bye.
Yah, as long as you use it in a reasonable manner.

When I see questions like "how deep can I dive down before I take my first breath off this thing?", I don't see someone trying to use it in a reasonable manner. I see someone trying to free dive and squeak every last second out of the tank. That isn't consistent with breathing consistently on the tank all the way to the surface.

These things can definitely be used safely, however, the Venn diagram of people that would buy one and the people that could safely use them has very little overlap.

Got to say bye.

What you are describing is not free diving though, its a tank dive...

The bends is not an exact science, I'm curious as to how you can be so confident it can't happen.

What you are describing is not free diving though, its a tank dive...

The bends is not an exact science, I'm curious as to how you can be so confident it can't happen.

Agreed that the bends is not a problem.

The Pulmonary Barotrauma due to lung expansion injuries will kill you much more efficiently than the bends.

Agreed that the bends is not a problem.

The Pulmonary Barotrauma due to lung expansion injuries will kill you much more efficiently than the bends.

Only if you hold your breath, which is unlikely since you are breathing off a tank. Bye to you too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom