Millbrook - Saturday, June 14/Sunday, June 15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,
I have a question about Millbrook quarry. I have always been diving near the boat and the playground equipment. Say that you were looking at the quarry from beach 2. On the right side I believe is where the boat and play equipment are, but what is on the left side? Or from beach one, the stuff at the back of the quarry. Is there anything intresting over there? I have been trying to find a map, but just can't find one.
Thanks
Takkie

On the left, near beach 6 or whatever (it's not like they are labeled :) ) there is a winnebago and a submerged above ground swimming pool. On the right (from beach 2) are the platforms and one has a line running down to the cessna airplane. There is the playground horse and the desk over there too somewhere. We usually go off beach 1 since I like to play in the shallows over there (and look for equipment :) ) and we usually make a few passes through the bus and van.

Well with some good nav and air consumption everything is within playing distance no matter what beach you start from.

However directly off beach 2, off the second platform is the airplane. Also head west from there and you'll hit the boat and then the car / bus / truck whatever that is.

If you head south along the wall from beach 2 you'll come across the obstacle course ( do they call that the space station? ) and eventually the winnabago.

Tekkie once bubbled...
Thanks,
I think I will go check out the cessna on the 21 and maby the pool. That will be really cool:) .
Tekkie
If you drop off the ledge the pool is on you will hit the winnebago. I think you can see the top of the winnebago from the pool, but I can't remember for sure...it is around 70-80' I think.

My wife has promised me all the diving I want for fathers day.

Now wouldnt you know I'm sick as hell. Hope my congestion goes away by then cause I'd like to go diving this weekend.

Tekkie once bubbled...
Hey,
I have been trying to find a map, but just can't find one.
Thanks
Takkie

PM an email address and I’ll send you a copy of “the Dive Shop” map. Also if anyone is interested for our DM mapping project we have put together a navigation route from beach 1 that goes by the bus, pipe, boats, sign post, dentist chair, bike, swing set, other boat, and back. If anyone is interested in being a guinea pig, PM me an email address and I’ll send the map and instructions; we’d appreciate any feedback.

Mike

The Winnebago can be seen for the pool whick is at 70+=- feet. Bottom of the Winnebago used to be 89 feet however this year probably colser to 100

Tom

Might be there this weekend

Back
Top Bottom