Millbrook Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hubby and I were out there too last sunday (May 4th) and it was about 50 at the platforms. Really not that bad. Of course we did have on 7mms with 5mm vests and hoods and 5 mm gloves - oh and i was cold in about 15 miutes....

Okay if you hate the cold I would not recommend. We would probably go again this weekend if we didn't have the DC chili cook-off!!!! woohoo!!
:D

CHILI COOK OFF......... lucky!!

Have fun.

We didn't make it out on Saturday. My son decided it was a little cool. It looks like we have the 24th penciled in. Let's all hope that late spring finally returns to DC.

It pretty much rained all day anyway...

Maybe my son's youthfulness is better experience than my maturity/experience. He is almost 12 with 23 dives that include Hawaii one week after getting certified when he was 10, the Keys, Coz and Belize this March, Dutch, and Millbrook in October. I may have been bitten by the "bug" so hard since my son was certified that I want to get wet as much as possible. Maybe I need to step back and look at the situation. Thinking back on the past weekend, it was not a nice spring day. I probably would have been miserable.

I know there is plenty of time to get wet this year, but my son has different camps this summer that makes it a little difficult to get wet. I guess a few dives are better than none.

We were supposed to hook up with DA, but ran into truck difficulties. It seems to have worked out well, as it dumped here all day at least until 3. I talked to a buddy that dove there Saturday, he said it was not the best time he has ever had.
-J

I had mixed feelings - on the one hand there is never a bad day to dive (I have been known to ice dive in blowing snow at near zero degree air temps and well below zero windchills, so if you live in the DC area, feel free to PM anytime you need a buddy), but on the other it was not so bad sitting home listening to the rain and watching a movie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom