Millbrook - Oct 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone planning on being at Millbrook on October 9? I'm newly certified and looking to do some local diving (caught the bug, what can I say?) - let me know.

My buddy and I will be there on the 8th, but "The" Dive Shop in Fairfax runs their Fun Dives on Sundays. For $15 you get food and they will buddy you up with someone if you don't have a buddy.

Awesome - I had heard about "The Dive Shop" but didn't know anything about these fun dives. I'll have to call them- would be great to be able to get out there even if I can't find a buddy at school or anything. Thanks a lot for the info.

Hey! I'm a newbie in MD too - thanks for the Dive Shop info and maybe we can try to organize a SB dive at Millbrook before the season is over. I know its not that pretty, but you gotta love the bluegills!

ps Don't forget your towel

This is my first year that I really started diving the local scene. Mainly because I just got my drysuit. But there are a lot of great people to meet from SB. I will definitley hit the quarry a few more times before they close for the season, so I will make sure to let everyone know who we are, so we can all meet down there.

Dive safe, and dont forget that towel. :)

Well there hasn't been a post here in a few days - anyone going out there on Sunday? Sounds like The Dive Shop isn't having a fun dive that day - also talked to some guys at Ocean Rovers Scuba Club (Brass Anchor Scuba Center, Frederick, MD- they claimed to do fun dives every weekend) and they are done with their fun dives for the year. So... still looking.

hey NSDiver, I just finished my AOW and nitrox classes and am interested in diving this weekend. What time were you thinking about going? Early would be nice so I can still watch football in the afternoon.

If anyone wants to dive a few tanks on Saturday at Millbrook I could use a buddy. Dive2deep, if you guys don't mind a third fin I'd be happy to tag along.

NSDiver and cfairchi, looks like they open the gates at 8:00 am on Sunday. What time are you all thinking of getting there?
don

8am would work well for me, but if NSdiver needs to come from MD maybe a little later would be better. Redskins play at 4pm so I would like to be done by then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom