Military Members Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Military Police 95 Bavo
1990 - 1995
Had a great time while it lasted. God bless all the individuals watching our backs now and protecting our Freedom. :salute:

kjpwong:
hey 2tours,
thanks for the quick reply.
may i ask what are the conditions like in iraq at the moment? in my mind the picture of iraq are broken houses, desert, dust.....chaos (kinda like the movie black hawk down, maybe i have seen to much movies).
anyhow, thanks for the info and i will try to find the aussie veterans in SB and find out more about enlisting.
cheers and stay safe
kenny :)

Things aren't too bad but you do have to remember, there are no building codes over here to buildings tend to crumble easier. Mostly it is poor farmers who live in run-down houses. There are some better constructed houses in the more upscale areas but thanks to several years of embargo combined with Saddam stealing from the Iraqi people, things are pretty run down all over Baghdad. There is a pic of a sand storm in my photo gallery but I don't really have any good pics of Baghdad. The other pics of Iraq in my gallery are in the Kurdish controlled region in the North East. I was up in Sulaymaniyah for about 3 months and that is strickingly nicer than Baghdad but still no where close to US or Australian living conditions.

US Navy
AOC(AW/SW) E-7
NAS Whidbey Island
1988 - Present

Welcome to the military section dpthdiver!

USMC

4 years in infantry (1/4)
5 years EOD
2 trips to sandbox, 3 in a few months

I suppose I belong here too then.

First lieutenant, head of staff platoon, "GREBE" HV-05, Norwegian National Guard reserves rapid reaction force. -This service is only a month a year. Nice gettaway from the ordinary anyway!

Video from our training here [8,5 MB] (Pretty cool actually...)

"HV Innsats" is our new national anti-terror forces reserves, and will most likely not be deployed abroad.

In the past:
Infantry
Artillery
Air Force

Welcome to the military section, glad to see everyone here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom