Mild pins and needles in feet after deco dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrMike

Contributor
Reaction score
This is something I've been experiencing for quite some time but only recently actually realised/noticed it.

I occasionally get very very mild pins and needles in my feet for just one or two mins after getting out of the water after deco dives. Its so slight that I could easily overlook it. I don't feel it whilst in the water - but occasionally get it when I'm de-gearing. Its very mild almost unnoticeable and disappears very quickly.

I usually do most deco in heads up position for a number of reasons. I am guessing its something to do with blood flow restriction. Any ideas? Am I the only one to get this?

Is someone trying to tell me something?

To make sure that your feet are staying warm during your dives and that blood flow is not restricted to your feet.

If your boots, fins or fin straps are too tight they can reduce blood flow and your feet get cold. When you remove them the blood again flows and you get 'pins and needles'. There may or may not be a bubbling problem but it is best to not take unneccessary chances.

pipedope:
To make sure that your feet are staying warm during your dives and that blood flow is not restricted to your feet.

If your boots, fins or fin straps are too tight they can reduce blood flow and your feet get cold. When you remove them the blood again flows and you get 'pins and needles'. There may or may not be a bubbling problem but it is best to not take unneccessary chances.

Thanks Michael,
Guess that could be it. My wetsuit is tight around my ankles and then my booties on top are quite tight to do up. Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom