Mike Veitch Photo Workshop - Philippines August 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ladies and gents,

Apologies for being among the last to chime in here.

For those of you who are unaware of the work that went into this course, this trip involved 4 separate plane arrivals over 3 days; accommodation for aywhere between 3 to 10 people in two locations; land transport; sea transport; critter spotters; pre-arranged barbecues; deliveries of hard drives; laptops, strobes, batteries, rash guards, name stickers and scuba helmets; purchasing of rum, ciggies, vodka and whisky; tipping boatmen and inventing shooters.

Although this trip had its origins in a chat between myself and pakman, by far the most work was carried out by the local contingent of the Philippine Paradise Divers and their ever-suffering partners and spouses. I could name names but you know who you are. It's an honour and a privilege to dive and party with you.

As for our teacher, Mike was everything I hoped he would be from our online chats; funny, irreverent, patient and painstaking in his direction. A teacher who makes it easy to learn is always the best there is. Nice one Mike:wink: .

Anyway, here's some pics, nudibranchs first - comments welcome.

_MG_3042a.jpg

f90c706d.jpg

65d447ef.jpg

a352f53b.jpg

_MG_2400a.jpg

_MG_2331a.jpg

_MG_2016a.jpg

other macro (and one for Jamdiver)...

_MG_2945a.jpg

_MG_2773a.jpg

_MG_2711a.jpg

_MG_2679a.jpg

_MG_2365a.jpg

_MG_2288a.jpg

_MG_2266a.jpg

_MG_3075a.jpg

Fish generally...

_MG_3016a.jpg

_MG_2885a.jpg

_MG_2749a.jpg

_MG_2610a.jpg

Froggy!

_MG_2584a.jpg

_MG_2575a.jpg

_MG_2521a.jpg

_MG_2461a.jpg

_MG_1923a.jpg

Larry, I see you did some photography there too.:D Excellent shots! I love the pink nudis, Anilao?

Wolverine:
Excellent shots Larry!

For you, Tim...

(Good news on the DSLR:))

_MG_2793a.jpg

Larry's pathetic attempts at sea "art" (same shots as everyone else on the course, ho hum)

_MG_2846a.jpg

_MG_2839a.jpg

_MG_2816a.jpg

_MG_2412a.jpg

And finally, Larry himself diving a 1960's double hose regulator (pics courtesy of Mr Veitch himself!

_MG_3177a.jpg

_MG_3113a.jpg

Loads more photo's to get through, I just need more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more for now...

_MG_2917a.jpg

Diver Dennis:
Larry, I see you did some photography there too.:D Excellent shots! I love the pink nudis, Anilao?

Yup, second day in Anilao. Not happy with the shot myself - they were absolutely gorgeous and my focus was off. Still colour's nice :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom