Might become a diver!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMJJS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going on vacation to the Riviera Maya this June and an investigating doing a certification course instead of just a resort dive.

Came across this board while doing research. Getting more excited to actually get certified if I can swing it with the family responsibilities while on vacation.

Sounds good! Welcome aboard!

And if you can't swing the family responsibilities :)D) why not bring em all for a try dive!

Would be a great day out for the family!

SF

Welcome to the board! If you are considering getting certified while on vacation I would start the class and pool work in your home town. Most places can divide it up so that the class/pool portion is half the cost (usually around $250 in this area) and then all you need to do when you are on vacation is the check out dives.

just do it you wont regret it i started inlast jan and cant get enough i am learning every thing i can get my hands on

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I hope you find time in your busy schedule to attend a local dive class before you go to Mexico. It will free up more of your time while on vacation and it will help you enjoy your dives better by not focusing on class stuff.

TMJJS:
I'm going on vacation to the Riviera Maya this June and an investigating doing a certification course

IMO, that's a really bad idea. You'll probably get a class that very rushed giving you no time to practice. Unless you are already an avid water person, it could turn you off diving entirely. A much better idea is to look for a good class (they can be pretty hard to find) close to home and take your time to learn to dive.

This should help you find a good class.

Welcome to the boards. Im sure you'll be addicted before you know it.

Aloha from the aloha state and welcome to the board. It's a great place to explore diving when you can't get wet. I'd recommend getting your course work done before your trip and then find someone there who can finish up your dives with you. Have a great time!

Back
Top Bottom