Miflex hoses and competitors, which product is good. Need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
For years I've been diving Low Pressure Miflex hoses and am happy with them. The old Miflex HP hoses I did not like: to thin, no bend protection.

Actually Miflex has 2 versions of HP hoses Maxshow Ltd Miflex Carbon HD High Pressure Diving Hoses the Carbon version and Xtreme-hi+ HP Diving Hoses | Information & Applications | Miflexhoses the Xtreme version. The Xtreme seems to be the old style hose but with bend protection now.

There is obviously a competitor called Proflex Proflex HP Hose - Braided, Short, 12, 15 or 20cm - Deep Dive Gear Are Proflex and Miflex the same, just a different label? Or are they different?

Are there further competitors? Advantages, disadvantages, experiences, recommondations?

Same question for the LP hoses. Miflex has one version only (apart from colours) and there is Proflex as well. Other competitors? Experiences?

I want to exchange about 20 hoses so it shall be the right product. I dive in caves, wrecks and deep. Thanks for your help.

Gregor

For years I've been diving Low Pressure Miflex hoses and am happy with them. The old Miflex HP hoses I did not like: to thin, no bend protection.

Actually Miflex has 2 versions of HP hoses Maxshow Ltd Miflex Carbon HD High Pressure Diving Hoses the Carbon version and Xtreme-hi+ HP Diving Hoses | Information & Applications | Miflexhoses the Xtreme version. The Xtreme seems to be the old style hose but with bend protection now.

There is obviously a competitor called Proflex Proflex HP Hose - Braided, Short, 12, 15 or 20cm - Deep Dive Gear Are Proflex and Miflex the same, just a different label? Or are they different?

Are there further competitors? Advantages, disadvantages, experiences, recommondations?

Same question for the LP hoses. Miflex has one version only (apart from colours) and there is Proflex as well. Other competitors? Experiences?

I want to exchange about 20 hoses so it shall be the right product. I dive in caves, wrecks and deep. Thanks for your help.

Gregor

If you are diving in overhead, hard or soft, you should not in my opinion use hoses (of any type) that are more than five years old and only then if carefully inspected. In the case of the braided hoses, inspection could be an issue and not everyone has a mini-borescope.

I think the Miflex hoses are fine and I will continue to use them.

N

Back
Top Bottom