Midwest Muck Diving Links

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

Doing some upgrades to the www.midwestmuckdiving.com site. Our goal is to provide a location to store dive reports and local conditions. Come by and post the local conditions as you dive.

Anyway, we are also wanting to update some of the many links we have on the site. If you have a link we would like to add it let me know. In particular, we are looking for dive related facebook pages and really any other pages of interest.

Those of you that have photo albums and video links, we also would like to add links to those. We love seeing the many pictures and videos you have created and so do many that visit our site.

Over the last year or so, many of you have asked about the Midwest GPS Dive Log that we created. This is a document that has the various dive sites to many of the midwest dive spots on the lakes. Many of you contributed to making this (thanks again). We have provided a link at the top of our page to this so you can now get to it. Let us know if you have something to add to this or have any corrections to it.

Snagel

I had not visited the site in a while, looking great. About that mouthpiece separation - if I understood correctly and it came off the second stage, make sure you are using high quality zip ties with a steel tab and no "ribbing" on them. They don't loosen up over time like the more common ones.

Thanks, we are trying.

Mouthpiece: Yep, came off the 2nd stage. Used the zip-tie supplied with the mouthpiece. Not sure exactly what happened, but in reality it really didn't "feel right" when we installed it. I tried to tighten it up as much as I could, but still didn't feel exactly right. This was one of those mouthpieces that you boil in water and form to your mouth. I think what happened is during the boiling and shaping of it, it altered the connection. This time, we are going to boil it and immediately put it on the 2nd stage when it is still soft.

Snagel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom