mid range liveaboard Raja - November 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bracko, also check out the new Aggressor liveaboard to Raja Ampat. They have just started doing those trip after a hiatus of many years and are offering ridiculous discounts for the first few trips in August.

The "new" Raja Ampat Agressor is the Ocean Rover that has joined the Aggressor Fleet franchise. She's not new to the area just new to the Aggressor Fleet marketing model. After the previous owner, Roman, passed away a couple of years ago she was sold to Benthos Liveaboards who operated her on their own but their team were swamped so opted to join Aggressor to handle their marketing for them.

The boat itself is steel hull, strong and reliable. Comfortable but not luxurious. The crew know the area well too, so it is of course a good choice if you can get a good deal on her first trips.

Hi Bracko

It may not have been on your radar as they are considered in the "luxury" bracket but Indo Siren prices are in Euro. Right now the euro is low against the dollar so the 3850euro is only about $4350 - not bad in comparison to some of the mid range prices you quoted above and well within your daily budget. But maybe others are aware of this as the boat seems to be fully booked.

If you're interested in finding out if there is a space I'd happily ask the owners on your behalf.
Hope you find something - RA is superb diving
Susie

Charters blocked out for the entire trip.

I was very happy with the Putri Papua of Grand Komodo back in 2010 (komodoalordive.com). They have 3 boats going in Nov with open space. Putri Papua is the smallest and cheapest (appr. USD 300/day), TemuKira and Raja Ampat Explorer are bigger and a bit more expensive (USD 355, I think). It was basic but clean and you've got everything you need. Not comparable to an Aggressor/Dancer boat. It's an Indonesian operation and they know the area well. DM was very knowledgeable and also flexible. Frankly speaking, I prefer to use local companies and leave the money there, if possible.

However, this was 5 years ago, don't know how it is now. There were only 4 of us on the Putri Papua which was great - with max. 9 people it would have been very full, esp. with photogs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom