Microcontroller-Based Nitrox Analyer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So this guy writes a long detailed article on building a nitrox analyzer making note, among other things, "The Nitrox analyzer project serves as yet another example of the versatility of 8-bit microcontrollers and the usefulness of the C language for programming them." Uh, ok...
Then in his introductory paragraphs, he wrote " I only use my analyzer as a redundant check of a dive technician’s analyzer."
I'll tell you - some of the "dive technicians" that I've encountered pumping nitrox, I wouldn't let pump gas in my car, much less the gas that I depend on for life at 200'.
I'd let this article guy pump my tanks any time he wanted, and I bet the O2 percentage would be accurate to .1% or better.

I’d suspect that the “I only use my analyzer as a redundant check….” quote is a CYA to prevent a lawyer from bringing suit if someone built this and hurt themselves.

I found this article interesting in explaining how an analyzer works. I write C code for 8-bit and 16-bit micros for a living so it caught my eye!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom