Michael Jackon jury has a verdict

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
I wonder what the "economic impact" of the trial was just for today.

I don't mean the cost of the trial and police in that county in California.

I mean how many people at work stopped everything for almost an hour
and did no work while waiting for the verdict.....
Some of us had work to do and didnt find the case too exciting to watch, no economic loss in my office today!

is who are these fans who have camped out there for the duration in Santa Maria? Most of them appear to be younger than the Thriller album. Perhaps young Europeans have too much vacation time on their hands?! They need to get real lives of their own. Yuck!

I sat down to watch The National tonight - the best national news show in Canada - only to find the first 10 minutes dedicated to the Jackson Farce. Do they really think this is the most pressing news story in the world tonight? Is this some sort of pathetic joke?

kelpmermaid:
is who are these fans who have camped out there for the duration in Santa Maria? Most of them appear to be younger than the Thriller album. Perhaps young Europeans have too much vacation time on their hands?! They need to get real lives of their own. Yuck!
I'm afraid most of them were not Europeans..... We don't like standing in front of the court as much as you do :p
:D
Mania

hvulin:
I'm glad it was nigth where I am, so I just slept over it...
Wish I could have been so lucky. It was approaching 11:00 at night here, too. For some reason (train wreck syndrome?), my wife insisted on watching the verdict live on CNN from bed, while I tried to get to sleep. (She had started to gag from the FOX News coverage on AFN.)

Ten minutes after the litany of "Not Guilty"s, with all the commentary just turning into an unintelligible roar, I finally said in my most pitiful voice, "Please turn it off?"

And she did.

--Marek

I woke up to a complete hour of it on the BBC world service. I was waiting for the real world news....for some strange reason it never came.

Maybe it's just me but I much prefer the Blair vs Chirac punch-up!

Do we have any bets on the over/under when the trial / verdict will show up in the next Eminem video?

Justice, commerce, whatever.

---
Ken

Marek K:
Wish I could have been so lucky. It was approaching 11:00 at night here, too. For some reason (train wreck syndrome?), my wife insisted on watching the verdict live on CNN from bed, while I tried to get to sleep. (She had started to gag from the FOX News coverage on AFN.)

Ten minutes after the litany of "Not Guilty"s, with all the commentary just turning into an unintelligible roar, I finally said in my most pitiful voice, "Please turn it off?"

And she did.

--Marek

All of it just indicates what a sick society the USA has become. It was just pathetic! Paid and planted "fans" releasing doves, come onnnnnnnnnn, with each count of not guilty, hysterical people hugging each other, as if they had a personal stake in this mockery? It was bad, very bad, theatre of the absurd!!!

So freak-boy got acquitted ... what a surprise. :blink:

Look for him in a court near you in the future .... he will be back.

Back
Top Bottom