Miami, we're tired of your s%*#!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mike how are you?
Don't know about the sewage making up there but someone should be made responsible for at least trying to clean it up. Hopefully it will get washed out to sea before it makes it up there (not that it's an acceptable alternative but what are the other choices). I was hoping to make it up there for some beach dives this weekend, hope all will be well.

Say hello to Marvel

Juan

If the local's in FL can keep the rest of us updated on the sewage situation, that would be helpful. I was planning for next weekend, but maybe I will change that....

munkispank once bubbled...
If the local's in FL can keep the rest of us updated on the sewage situation, that would be helpful. I was planning for next weekend, but maybe I will change that....

I wouldn't worry about this one, it was a break on a pipe in the Oleta River. Unless you were diving in Maule Lake or the north end of Biscayne Bay, it's not going have much effect of the offshore situation. Normally this waste dumps out of a pipe in 100' of water off the north end of Haulover Beach.

freedive once bubbled... Hey Mike how are you...
Hya Juan! I called and called - don't even remember who I was eventually passed to - but apparently there is always some effluent from spills that makes it to Broward beaches, and even into PBC. The levels are fairly low, however, since the plume is well dispersed. I'm thinking it must be similar to the effects we used to get south of San Diego from the Tijuana problems.

In other words, it shouldn't be a concern for Broward County divers.

I'll be moving in this weekend, Juan, but if you're on Hibiscus look for us. We'll be the hot, sweaty, cranky ones.

cdiver2 once bubbled... What with moveing and everything it sounds like your up to your eyes in all sorts of s..t sorry:) Say hi to Marvel.David
lol YES we have it rough all right... bad visibility for a couple of weeks, cleaning & painting, packing, unpacking, cleaning again (the old place) and now that the weather's improved and my new tanks have arrived no TIME! Lots happening at work, too... I moved to FL to ramp-down, not continue at my old California/New York paces.

Seriously, though, living on the beach makes you much more concerned over environmental issues... I see boats dropping anchor on the reef all the time, have seen kids pulling nurse sharks out and loading them into the trunk of their car, and on and on... kinda takes some of the fun out of it, you know?

I'm thinking about joining an organization that claims to monitor reef health and even buying a test kit to monitor bacteria in my front yard... think I'm going 'over the top' a little?

Mike, I'll support you on that. I think it would be nice to have reef left for us to take Xavier to when he's old enough.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom