Miami SB Hotel recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caryn

Registered
Reaction score
We are staying overnight in Miami in October, and would like to stay in Miami's South Beach. We will only be there one night. We would like a hotel on or walking distance from the strip. A king bed room in the $100-$150 range, but nice & clean, even if simple. We're only there at night, so we don't need a pool. On the beach would be nice, but not a must. Any recommendations of hotels or websites? Thanks!!

We will be there Oct. 16 for 1 night before cruise. Staying at The Wave & I think its 2 blks off ocean. Staying any closer & they said noise from strip is very loud.The Wave has a web site. Prices are in ball park.

I like the Surfcomber, on Collins. It's around 20th st and Collins, beside the DeLano (Madonna's hotel). Owned by Doubletree/Hilton, you can get some pretty good rates if you shop. I've stayed there for business quite a bit.

Thanks. Is 20th street far from the strip? I was told the strip goes up to about 13th street. Normally no big deal, but we're only there one night, may as well stay close to where we want to be.

I live in Miami Beach. Not exactly sure what you mean by "the strip." Do you mean Ocean Drive or are you talking about something close to Lincoln Road?

Here is a link to a bunch of Miami Beach Hotels. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34439-Miami_Beach_Florida-Hotels.html

If you need some info on one or the other, I can swing by to give a quick look-see for you the next time I am down that way.

A good place to stay in South Beach is the Clay Hotel or The Tropics. Both at the north end of the beach.. can't remember off the top, but they are both very near to the Starbucks at the north end of Ocean Drive. Both hotels have both rooms and hostel beds. I've stayed in both in the last year, and you can get a room (with separate washroom, two beds, t.v., fridge) for around $60USD. Both places are clean and friendly though mostly occupied by backpackers in the hostel rooms. The Tropics has a pool, the Clay doesn't, though is probably the nicer of the two.
Hope this helps.

ScubaDadMiami:
I live in Miami Beach. Not exactly sure what you mean by "the strip." Do you mean Ocean Drive or are you talking about something close to Lincoln Road?

Never been there before, so I'm not sure. I'm looking for the place with all the hot restaurants and shops?? When researching hotels, it appeared to be Ocean Drive. But I'm open to any recommendations!

And thanks for offering to check out the hotel for me! That's so nice! I don't think you need to go to the trouble. I've been using Trip Advisor's reviews, and that works great for the most part.

We stayed a single Friday night in June prior to a Blackbeard Cruise at the Ocean Five Hotel. I booked a non-smoking, double room with continental breakfast thrown in for $89+taxes which came out to $101. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The Ocean Five is located 1/2 block south of 5th street which is the southern boundary of "The Strip". Think: safe, well-located AND quiet. It couldn't have been more convenient to either the night life or the beach. $25 taxi ride to/from the Airport. If you go to www.blackbeard-cruises.com they have a list of recommended locations in the Miami Area under the Hotel tab. In any case, this one worked for us. I have no affiliation with Blackbeards, but after one trip both me and my 2 diving teenagers are hooked on that operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom