Metro-Chicago Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacoRocco6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have a recommendation for dive charters an LDS in metropolitan Chicago or the Near North Suburbs. My wife and I would like to get our Wreck Diver Specialty with an LDS around here, but have never done any freshwater diving. All of our diving has been in the Atlantic or the Caribbean. Kind of dismayed that most LDS' around here don't include tanks and weights in their prices, but I suppose I should buy some anyway.

I operate a charter out of Waukegan, just north of Chicago.

Most charter boats are not affiliated with an LDS except that charter trips are booked through the LDS. Charter boats usually do not provide tanks with the price of the trip in the Great Lakes because most of their customers have, and prefer to use, their own tanks. The protocol is different in tropical destinations where most of the divers fly in without their own tanks.

Back
Top Bottom