metric tanks and hydros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got two very different tanks there,

1st pic 200bar(2940psi) tank test pressure 300 bar(4410psi)
2nd pic 300bar(4410psi)tank test pressure 450 bar (6615psi)

1st can be din or yoke
2nd must be din when used to full capasity

that is very strange as those pictures came from the same tank...

The markings in the first picture actually have "SCUBAPRO" stamped above them. Is this a 300BAR tank that scubapro marketed as a 200BAR tank?

that is very strange as those pictures came from the same tank...

The markings in the first picture actually have "SCUBAPRO" stamped above them. Is this a 300BAR tank that scubapro marketed as a 200BAR tank?

That is strange indeed,normaly we have working pressure and testing pressure on the same line.
But I only use and sell Faber tanks

But if it comes from the same tank,you have 200bar(2940psi)filling pressure. Old and low rating tank,new ones would be 232bar

Testing pressure at 300bar(4410psi)

And what facility is licensed to do CE hydro's in the U.S.? This is a complicated problem and involves more than just the DOT. It also involves OSHA, state regulators, insurance regulators, and liability issues. Do not think that the final resolution is only with the DOT.

Eaxctly, good luck with this. I really doubt its worth trying to find a hydro tester to deal with these tanks. Most probably don't even have an M25 adapter.

Sell or send them back to europe, I'm sure someone there would appreciate them.

I even have an M25 valve that I can send along with them. Someone gave it to me and it does not belong in this country (US).

any guesses as to who the actual manufacturer was? I don't believe scubapro ever made any tanks, but rebranded them as there own...

any guesses as to who the actual manufacturer was? I don't believe scubapro ever made any tanks, but rebranded them as there own...

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge Scubapro cylinders were manufactured by Faber.

I believe that the cylinder you have rated at; 200BAR (2900PSI) of Working Pressure and 300BAR (4350PSI) of Test Pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom