metal/ plastic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA,

Thanks for putting into articulate words, what the rest of us were thinking ..

You d' man

V

kjpwong:
what would you guys suggest if i dive in warm to cool water most of the times, between 15-25C?
i looked up mares and there are quite a few metal regulators, has anyone used any of them? they all look pretty similar to me.
If you want a Mares, than I'd recommend the Abyss. Dove it in the warm waters of the Red Sea to the frigid waters off Nova Scotia and the great lakes, didn't have any issues with it whatsoever. Breathes the same in 5 meters like 50 meters. Better breather than my Apeks DS4/ATX50 and more reliable too.

kjpwong:
what would you guys suggest if i dive in warm to cool water most of the times, between 15-25C?
i looked up mares and there are quite a few metal regulators, has anyone used any of them? they all look pretty similar to me.

The major benefit using metal 2nd stage comes in cold water. Better thermal conductivity warms up the air inside the 2nd stage and prevents frozing. Temp range where there's a benefit are round 0 to +3 celsius. Colder (seawater below freezin point) from -2 to 0 celsius worse than plastic 2nd stage. How to dive in temps like that would need an other thread...

Back
Top Bottom