Mesa lane dive 9/2 tue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me in. Is this the location known as "thousand steps"? 250 x 4 trips = 1000.

Yea, I believe so. I'm glad you are joining us... Welcome to Scuba Board

I posted this dive on the calendar so lets all enroll on the "I am going list" if you will be attending. thanks!

Ok got reg fixed and diffrent fins Lets make this one work :D

Ok got reg fixed and diffrent fins Lets make this one work :D

Must be time for the dive computer battery to start failing (again).

What was wrong with the last fins:confused:? Did the rescue instructor finally sell you on a non-split fin pair?

Haha NO I love my Spits. Oh any one want to buy One apollo Split fin:dork2:

I went ahead and dove Hendry's and swam east towards 1000 steps. Visibility was great, 15-20 ft, but there was absolutely nothing to see. I decided to not turn back and just walk back once I ran out of air and just as I reached the surface I found all sorts of kelp. I didn't have enough air to comfortably dive back down so I couldn't see below the kelp and I was forced to swim in through it. It took me nearly 30 minutes to cut, pull, dig, swim my way through it. Nasty, nasty stuff at the surface.

Been there done that & you'll probably never do that again. I have'nt after my 20-25 min crawl.

John

Been there done that also :) Like John said will never do that again unless i have no choice!

Nothing like exploring the kelp for the topside... At least you'll find it next time. How far down from the steps did you end up? Sounds like a healthy hike back to the car.

Sorry I missed the dive. My stomach was doing some bad things that day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom