Merry Christmas to Me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wrote to them and Andrew e-mailed me back, explaining that there was no dialogue on the DVD I have, so we're all on the same playing field. Apparently they wanted us to focus on the stuff on-screen without a bunch of extraneous dialogue.

Cheers to 5thD-X! :)

While watching a video of someone else perform the kicks is somewhat helpful, seeing a video of yourself performing them is an even better tool (and one that you'll get in a class - along with instructor feedback).

The DVD's do make a good starting point.

While watching a video of someone else perform the kicks is somewhat helpful, seeing a video of yourself performing them is an even better tool (and one that you'll get in a class - along with instructor feedback).

The DVD's do make a good starting point.

I agree with Jason 100%, and I will add this in -- if you have access to put a mirror into a pool, go for it. Video is great to bring home and look over (and have records of for continual critique); mirrors are great for instantaneous feedback.

Well, you don't tell us where you're diving, but anywhere except in the brightest tropical waters, I'd recommend a Salvo 21W HID can light. It's hands down my favorite piece of gear.

we jsut got back from vanuatu - one of the guys received a salvo light from his GF for christmas... i swear he nearly cried

on christmas night he did a night dive with it, we almost had to wave off a airplane that was coming in to land as it was so bright :wink:

enjoy your purchases - safe diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom