Merritts Mill Pond 7/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like the news editors cut out some of Edd’s description of the incident because it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Edd's statement is very surprising. I assume he means that as the diver ascends, a supposedly empty tank will deliver enough air to complete the ascent. That is true, but it is because of the effect of the decrease in ambient pressure on the regulator's performance rather than an expansion of air in the tank.

I was hoping this one might be chalked up to a medical event, but that's sounding less likely. Hate hearing news like this.

Edd's statement is very surprising. I assume he means that as the diver ascends, a supposedly empty tank will deliver enough air to complete the ascent. That is true, but it is because of the effect of the decrease in ambient pressure on the regulator's performance rather than an expansion of air in the tank.
I think Edd gets that and just put it in simpler terms for lay people to understand.

I talked with Edd yesterday. Clyde was was using very, very old computers, and no one in the area knew how they worked, so they have not yet accessed the profile in an attempt to understand what happened. He was a very conservative diver who generally did maximum 2-hour dives and did not ever push his limits. If his computer provide a profiles, you could tell from it if he got stuck, etc.

I talked with Edd yesterday. Clyde was was using very, very old computers, and no one in the area knew how they worked, so they have not yet accessed the profile in an attempt to understand what happened. He was a very conservative diver who generally did maximum 2-hour dives and did not ever push his limits. If his computer provide a profiles, you could tell from it if he got stuck, etc.
There's not that many places to get stuck in hole in the wall, at least within 45-60mins of the entrance and on the tourist lines

I've only dove that cave once and it was cool but not too complicated. I believe I met the deceased once and he seemed competent enough.

I talked with Edd yesterday. Clyde was was using very, very old computers, and no one in the area knew how they worked, so they have not yet accessed the profile in an attempt to understand what happened. He was a very conservative diver who generally did maximum 2-hour dives and did not ever push his limits. If his computer provide a profiles, you could tell from it

makes it more likely that something happened that was not diving related. Ie more medical that interfered with his dive plan and led to the oog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom