Mermet Springs July 17 and 18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianwl:
Don't worry about your ears. If we have to we'll just tie a big rock to you and we won't have to wait for your to come down. :eyebrow: Actually, we are more interested in safety than anything else. We'll give you all the time you need. Don't feel pressed to do anything. If you need to thumb a dive, do it. Safety first, everything else is secondary.

Ah shucks, does it have to be a really big rock or can we get by with a tiny one? Thanks Brian, I always wonder when diving with new people. I actually had one guy get ticky with me once and told me to quit diving because it wasn't for weak people. One of the reasons that for a long time I only dove solo.

diverbob:
I've talked to a few people that have tried some diving ear plugs, and they really like them, and they say it helps them equalize, and one guy said it helped him avoid vertigo. Just a thought for you to think about.

Never heard of them. I was always told that you couldn't plug your ears for equalization reasons. Now I have seen them new masks that also cover your ears. I questioned about them and was told that the theory behind it was that as you equalize the mask that it also equalizes the ears, same preasure in the ears as around your eyes.
Thanks for the thought though. I'll have to ask around. My ears usually only bother me about once or twice a year. And it tends to be the result of too much ear wax, yuck :eyebrow:

Is anyones wife coming? My wife is a non diver and wanted me to ask before she decided whether or not she was coming for the weekend. I think that she wanted to know that there would be somebody there for her to talk to while I'm playing. :06:

stingray1:
Is anyones wife coming? My wife is a non diver and wanted me to ask before she decided whether or not she was coming for the weekend. I think that she wanted to know that there would be somebody there for her to talk to while I'm playing. :06:
If we're still talking about Aug. 21-22, my wife and avensgrandpa's will be there, probably heading over to Paducah to max out the plastic.

I'm talking about this weekend the 17 and 18th. Afraid, I haven't even begun planning for Aug. yet.

stingray1:
Never heard of them. I was always told that you couldn't plug your ears for equalization reasons. Now I have seen them new masks that also cover your ears. I questioned about them and was told that the theory behind it was that as you equalize the mask that it also equalizes the ears, same preasure in the ears as around your eyes.
Thanks for the thought though. I'll have to ask around. My ears usually only bother me about once or twice a year. And it tends to be the result of too much ear wax, yuck :eyebrow:

They have holes in them for equalization, and they are made for divers. But if its only a problem a few times a year, then maybe you should buy q-tips instead. :crafty:

I'm not aware of anyone bringing their spouse/SO.

stingray1:

diverbob:
They have holes in them for equalization, and they are made for divers. But if its only a problem a few times a year, then maybe you should buy q-tips instead. :crafty:
:11: What are q-tips? :eyebrow: My mom always did tell me to wash behind my ears, just never said anything about in them. :wink:

brianwl:
I'm not aware of anyone bringing their spouse/SO.
Thanks Brain. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom