Mermet Springs July 17 and 18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve2281:
I was there this past Friday too. Bout what time were you there??? steve

We're you the instructor with a woman and two boys?

stingray1:
I was there from about quarter to 9 to about 4/4:30

I was there from about 9am till the middle of the afternoon. No, I wasn't the instructor. I was helping with the cleaning; parked over by the big van. Maybe I'll see ya there again sometime. steve

steve2281:
I was there from about 9am till the middle of the afternoon. No, I wasn't the instructor. I was helping with the cleaning; parked over by the big van. Maybe I'll see ya there again sometime. steve

I'll be back there this weekend for some more great adventures for this land locked diver. I quess that's not nesecarily true, I have lake Michigan. Never dove it before though. Been holding out for a buddy to do that dive. I'm not so sure that I would do that one alone. :eyebrow:

Hi guys,

I keep reading about Mermet Springs and hope to dive it sometime. Funny for me to think I grew up not far away, but didn't dive at the time. Luckily my brother still lives nearby. Maybe I should return to the States for a visit next year.

Phil

DutchDown:
Hi guys,

I keep reading about Mermet Springs and hope to dive it sometime. Funny for me to think I grew up not far away, but didn't dive at the time. Luckily my brother still lives nearby. Maybe I should return to the States for a visit next year.

Phil

Hi friend,
Mermet is definately a great place to dive. You really should dive it sometime. I seriously doubt if you would be disappointed.

Stingray is right, you won't be disappointed in Mermet if you get a chance to go there. Plenty to see and do. Well managed site and super staff. Safety team is awesome. Pretty good BBQ too.

Brian

DutchDown:
Hi guys,

Phil

brianwl:
Stingray is right, you won't be disappointed in Mermet if you get a chance to go there. Plenty to see and do. Well managed site and super staff. Safety team is awesome. Pretty good BBQ too.

Brian

I have had problems with the staff, but Glen usually gets everything fixed in a hurry. He is a great guy.

I wont be able to make it this weekend. I have too many weekend trips planned in the next few weeks, so I need to pick my spots for the next month or so.

diverbob:
I have had problems with the staff, but Glen usually gets everything fixed in a hurry. He is a great guy.

I wont be able to make it this weekend. I have too many weekend trips planned in the next few weeks, so I need to pick my spots for the next month or so.

I've only dealt with PJ, Glenn and a couple of the staff members (unfortunately I forgot their names) the two times I've been there. They have always treated me with respect, humor and politeness. What more could a person want other than just blowing bubbles.

Sorry that you can't make it this weekend, sounds like there is going to be a great bunch of people to dive with this weekend. I just hope that I don't disappoint anyone there this weekend. I sometimes have ear problems and it sometimes affects my being able to equalize. I end up doing the up a few feet and down to try and get them equalized. On one dive I ended up descending and ascending 5 times. That was really discouraging and set my mood the rest of that dive. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often. And it has occurred to me that I have never had a problem after I get to 50 or 60 feet and never before 20 and 35 feet just between 35 and 50. Weird!
Anyways, you ever need a dive buddy give me a holler, if I can I will. There's not many divers around me so most of my experience is solo. Tring to change some of that. :eyebrow:

Don't worry about your ears. If we have to we'll just tie a big rock to you and we won't have to wait for your to come down. :eyebrow: Actually, we are more interested in safety than anything else. We'll give you all the time you need. Don't feel pressed to do anything. If you need to thumb a dive, do it. Safety first, everything else is secondary.

stingray1:
I've only dealt with PJ, Glenn and a couple of the staff members (unfortunately I forgot their names) the two times I've been there. They have always treated me with respect, humor and politeness. What more could a person want other than just blowing bubbles.

Sorry that you can't make it this weekend, sounds like there is going to be a great bunch of people to dive with this weekend. I just hope that I don't disappoint anyone there this weekend. I sometimes have ear problems and it sometimes affects my being able to equalize. I end up doing the up a few feet and down to try and get them equalized. On one dive I ended up descending and ascending 5 times. That was really discouraging and set my mood the rest of that dive. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often. And it has occurred to me that I have never had a problem after I get to 50 or 60 feet and never before 20 and 35 feet just between 35 and 50. Weird!
Anyways, you ever need a dive buddy give me a holler, if I can I will. There's not many divers around me so most of my experience is solo. Tring to change some of that. :eyebrow:

stingray1:

I've talked to a few people that have tried some diving ear plugs, and they really like them, and they say it helps them equalize, and one guy said it helped him avoid vertigo. Just a thought for you to think about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom