Mermaids CDC in Pattaya, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in Pattaya, I am pretty sure it was with them. Anyway Pattaya is not the ideal location for diving. Wasn't much to see around the dive sites, at least not the one they took me to. Your better off goin to Phuket.

They seem to have a pretty good rep with everyone I've spoken to, though I haven't dived with them myself.

One negative point - the boats always seem to be very crowded with twice as many people as the other boats.

I have had experiance of the two major training orginisations and without doubt Mermaids is heads above the other I had dealings with. If you are prepared to pay that little bit extra your training will be far more complete and actualy have a value. I did my Instructor and MSTD with Aquanauts and my my IDC staff instructor at Mermaids my education was greatly enhanced, where I set my own standrds at Aquanauts

Sorry I should have added that one of the other replies is quite correct in that the diving is not the best, but the chalenges you will meet such as no currents to strong currents poor visability to great visability or any combination of all will make you a very good instructor/ dive leader

i dived with them in 2004. was not much impressed. was a quite arrogant way and diving there is not worth it. don't go for diving ;-)) if you are there anyway why not doing one or two dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom