Menstruation Safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
This is probably a silly questions, but I thought I'd ask...

What are the "rules" about diving/snokerling during your period?
I am going to Cancus at the end of July and it will be during that time of the month. I have never dived, but I wanted to check and see what my limitation were in regards to being in the ocean during my period.

Any one with any suggestions, tips etc please let me know.

Thanks,
Baily3232

I'd make sure you stay warm and comfortable, always. (OK, as warm as possible!) There is no real concern, I've heard folks warn about sharks, but that's pretty much hoey.

For this, or any other health concerns, do become a member, and check out www.diversalertnetwork.org. Well worth the visit to the site, and the membership. You can read about just about anything you can think of asking, and they have doctors you can talk to. Check it out.

My only advice would be to keep very careful tabs on how well your protection is holding up with the water. Often the water from the ocean will saturate and cause you to be extra vigilant about changing.

R

If you do a search in this forum you'll see this subject has been covered a number of times. And each one says, hey, it's no problem... go and have a great time! :D

Heathwise, no problem, tis has already been covered.
Sharks, no problem either. They don't like eating people. We are not on the menu.

Its a fallacy about blood attrackting sharks. Thier systems are set up to detect fish oils. Thats why the shark fishermen chum with a bag of ground up oily fish like bluefish. They release a lot of oil and attract sharks and trigger the feading frenzy mechanism in thier primitive little brains.

Having said that, If you dive with a pocket of fish oil tablets I would beware :wink:

Almost Cayman time - Wooo Hooo!

I have with no issue, but I do have to say.... I find it rather remarkable that most of the replies have come from men.... :06: LOL

Mishelle:
I have with no issue, but I do have to say.... I find it rather remarkable that most of the replies have come from men.... :06: LOL

Its great isnt it? One big ole happy family :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom