Membrane use preventing Water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don most people on here giving advice don't have a tenth experience you do , some talking about ccr never dove one outside of try dives ....so your wasting your time explaining it ...

The Revo can actually be dewatered. It is just that most people have never taken the time to figure out the method and practiced it to make it a viable tool. It may not be pretty or easy, but it definitely is doable. Any unit with an OPV can be dewatered if you get the OPV to the lowest possible point and do a dil purge. As far as I know, no one instructs this or advocates that it be done though. I tend to be that idiot who has to try things and create answers to my problems.

Yes, of course this is true. However the practicality, or lack thereof, and the inability or lack of desire for people to put in the time and effortf to make it a practiced procedure makes it defacto impossible to de-water. I don't claim to have enough rEvo experience that I would be comfortable trying to rely on it. I doubt most rEvo instructors would go to the lengths you have to become familiar with the specific intricacies of a rEvo.

There's lots that can be accomplished with a set of basic tools and a drive to solve a problem. But I think it's pretty clear that you're the exception, not the rule.

Well the sidewinder is about the worst there is for dewatering

Well the sidewinder is about the worst there is for dewatering

Yeah, one of the reasons I'm not too keen on it. I get it, I understand the appeal, but seeing first time rebreather divers on one gives me the willies. Part of me feels like there should be some barrier for entry, like only crossover certs are available, you've gotta have MOD1 on something else at least, but the other part of me hates that nanny stuff. But that's a whole other topic where the unit is only the gatekeeper to unqualified people doing stupid stuff because now they can.

I had heard Mike was working on an OPV but I never bothered to follow along to see if it came to fruition. I'm not super clear on what the issue was because I just wasn't really interested at that point.

Yeah, one of the reasons I'm not too keen on it. I get it, I understand the appeal, but seeing first time rebreather divers on one gives me the willies. Part of me feels like there should be some barrier for entry, like only crossover certs are available, you've gotta have MOD1 on something else at least, but the other part of me hates that nanny stuff. But that's a whole other topic where the unit is only the gatekeeper to unqualified people doing stupid stuff because now they can.

I had heard Mike was working on an OPV but I never bothered to follow along to see if it came to fruition. I'm not super clear on what the issue was because I just wasn't really interested at that point.

An OPV is actually standard its on the left head right above the cells. So at about the highest point and not useful for dewatering. Some people have gotten heads with no OPV for grimy sumps. The new CL that has a bit of a drain in it, not sure if that's standard or an option - mine has no drain. Still, the exhale scrubber still has to saturate/flood before you can use the drain. My exhale scrubber is usually pretty soggy with 50-100mL of lung spuge in the CL.

I actually crossed over to the sidewinder after ~150hrs on my Meg with TOS CLs and after I had done Cave CCR on the Meg too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom