Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finaly got the camera near water, not that you could see anything underwater, but above it was a great day

Lovely evening
P6144975.jpg

1 foot on the bank, 1 on the stern of a boat, thank god the boat was tied up properly, you would not want to swim in this water
A steam tug, still in regular use
P6144989.jpg

A great way to get to the pub, not so sure about going home after a few
P6144991.jpg

There was a good crowd brought out by the sun.
P6144961.jpg

I love the artistry on some of the thatched roofs
P6144972.jpg

Not just boats
P6144971.jpg

P6144968.jpg

P6144966.jpg

I am with Jon here....nice set Victor. ZThe first one catches my eye because it gives me a hint of the country side and makes me want more :D.

sharing some black & white images from La Mesa Ecopark

3640674152_e687a2c84f.jpg

3640671664_22357bdd35.jpg

3640671134_c3fd66356f.jpg

3640674864_129b0926c9.jpg

3640676378_12f8c4c568.jpg

full set here La Mesa Ecopark

La Mesa Ecopark Homepage

La Mesa Watershed in Quezon City is the primary source of drinking water of about 12 million Metro Manila residents. The property is owned by the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS), a government agency. La Mesa Watershed is 2700 hectares, 700 hectares of which is the reservoir and 2000 hectares of which is the surrounding forest. This forest is the last remaining one of its size in Metro Manila and serves as its carbon dioxide sink. La Mesa Watershed, therefore, is vital to the city, not only because it is a primary source of drinking water, but also because its forest functions as the lungs of Metro Manila, providing it with clean air.
Due to lack of funds, illegal settling, poaching and logging, La Mesa Watershed came into disrepair and ruin. In 1999, ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc. created Bantay Kalikasan (Nature Watch) and, in partnership with the MWSS, undertook the Save La Mesa Watershed Project. The project aimed to rehabilitate, reforest, preserve and protect La Mesa Watershed. The total area that needed reforestation was 1500 hectares. Today, eight years since the project started, only 158 hectares remain to be planted. Bantay Kalikasan’s strategy of actively involving the general public in the project, through its Adopt/Protect-ATree/ Hectare programs, was key to its success.
To sustain the Save La Mesa Watershed Project, Bantay Kalikasan, in partnership with the MWSS and the Q.C. Government, rehabilitated and renovated a 33 hectare public park located right outside the natural boundaries of the watershed and 40 meters below the reservoir. In September 2004, it was renamed La Mesa Ecopark and reopened to the public. All revenues generated by La Mesa Ecopark are utilized for the continuous preservation and protection of La Mesa Watershed.
La Mesa Ecopark envisions a better environment for our children. Our mission is to spread environmental awareness through education and advocacy. La Mesa Ecopark is a venue providing for healthful outdoor recreation and a true forest experience. It is a living classroom and laboratory for environmental education and aims to be a center for biodiversity conservation. In 2006, over 280 different schools from all over the country, some coming from as far as Laoag, Bohol and Cebu, trooped to La Mesa Ecopark for their educational school field trips. Today, the park continues to be a popular destination for family outings and picnics; a more healthful alternative to shopping malls.

Wow, great images (as usual), Jon...I love the wide angle shot of the leaf in the puddle especially.

I was digging through my Lightroom library and came across some old shots that I didn't like then, but really like now:

Lake Winnipesaukee, NH at Sunset

The Charles River after a winter thunderstorm

And from today: Attack of the Killer Giraffe

Nice shots, Soggy.

I was recently in Charleston, SC and the last two nights I was there we had some pretty good storms come through, complete with some crazy lightning. I did not get too many shots the first night but the last night I got quite a few. Here are the best ones, in my opinion.

My wife saw it coming on radar and we looked outside to see some very heavy storm clouds coming in with the storm front, the red/orange glow of the sunset, and some rain in far distance sweeping in. I grabbed some shots of that, then proceeded to move around the hotel looking for the optimal position to get lightning photos.

All I have done is resized these from their original resolution.

Here are my favorites:

lightning1.jpg

lightning2.jpg

lightning3.jpg

lightning4.jpg

lightning5.jpg

lightning6.jpg

lightning7.jpg

lightning8.jpg

lightning9.jpg

lightning10.jpg

lightning11.jpg

Nice shots, Soggy.

I was recently in Charleston, SC and the last two nights I was there we had some pretty good storms come through, complete with some crazy lightning. I did not get too many shots the first night but the last night I got quite a few. Here are the best ones, in my opinion.

My wife saw it coming on radar and we looked outside to see some very heavy storm clouds coming in with the storm front, the red/orange glow of the sunset, and some rain in far distance sweeping in. I grabbed some shots of that, then proceeded to move around the hotel looking for the optimal position to get lightning photos.

All I have done is resized these from their original resolution.

No 9 looks like it was right on top of you. What camera settings and method did you use

Here are my favorites:

lightning1.jpg

lightning2.jpg

lightning3.jpg

lightning4.jpg

lightning5.jpg

lightning6.jpg

lightning7.jpg

lightning8.jpg

lightning9.jpg

lightning10.jpg

lightning11.jpg

No 9 looks like it was right on top of you. What camera settings and method did you use

Back
Top Bottom