Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that's really cool! I don't have Lightroom, just PS CS2.

Thank you, Larry!

You can do the same things with CS2 & Bridge - just get in there and tweak things a little bit. Didn't take much. Once you fix the slight underexposure the rest is just a snap.

I haven't really used Bridge since getting Lightroom and it's rare that I spend much time in CS2 coz almost everything I do is now in lightroom :)

Here are a couple I took in Turkey, a couple weeks ago:

Up_Up_and_Away.jpg

snowy_mountains.jpg
these are really great captures, Chantal....and yes a little tweak here and there and they are money shots.

Wow, that's really cool! I don't have Lightroom, just PS CS2.

If you have CS2, I strongly recommend upgrading to CS3. The new Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) is pretty amazing (highlight recovery, fill lighting, vibrance (selective saturation) etc...). Unfortunately the new ACR 4 isn't supported on CS2... Or you could get Lightroom which will support the new ACR version. And you can now open up jpg's in the ACR (but it's still better to shoot in RAW).

Here's my take on that great balloon photo of yours with a few tweaks in ACR4 in CS3. Up the recovery a bit, added some vibrance, slight warming of the WB, adding a bit more contrast through tone curves, and slight sharpening and noise reduction (in ACR). Bumping up the vibrance realy brings out that crisp sky blues... :D

Attachments

• Up_Up_and_Away v2.jpg
    Up_Up_and_Away v2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 62
Having taken my own first balloon ride this past spring, I really enjoyed the Turkey picture. How high was that shot taken from?

print1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom