Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to see you're enjoying the new camera Larry !! Great pics.

Can't wait to get my DSLR. Taking pics today U/W just served to highlight my frustration with a PnS

Thanks, Jon. And thanks for reposting that beautiful sunset!
One thing I love about the new camera-most of these shots were zoomed all the way out at 200, trying to eliminate a chainlink fence and a bunch of signs from the picture and get tighter shots of the planes and clouds. Still got quite pleasant pictures out of it. On the SP, they would have been blurry and the quality drops off. That 18-200 lens is a kick in the butt. Also, the live view works great. I can hold the camera way over my head to avoid the fence, check the live view, half-click to refocus and recheck, then click off the shot with a half-click focus in the middle. It only takes about a second for the whole process. Should work nice underwater, except based on the stuff I've done indoors in really low light, I'm not sure if I'll get a good preview on the screen without a strong focus light. I really like the fact that on the SP, even if the light isn't good, you can still get a good preview. I'll have to figure out if you can do that with the D300. If not, the viewfinder works great, but I'm used to the live view and it works so well it would be a shame not to be able to use it UW.

try bumping up the iso and get a faster/wider aperture lens. :D

try bumping up the iso and get a faster/wider aperture lens. :D
Even with my 35mm f2.0 and the ISO bumped way up, the preview screen is an issue under conditions that require a flash. On the SP, if the histogram is turned off, I can get a preview even in dark conditions. So far, with the D300 I haven't found that to be the case. I may yet find a setting that allows it. (There are about 1000 things to set, so I haven't even scratched the surface)

Here are a couple I took in Turkey, a couple weeks ago:

Up_Up_and_Away.jpg

snowy_mountains.jpg

Here are a couple I took in Turkey, a couple weeks ago:

These are really nice, especially the first one. I spent six weeks in Turkey earlier this year, and I loved everything about it. Where were you? I was in Cannakale for most of the time with a few days in Istanbul. I was working most of the time, but still found time to see such amazing things. Thanks for sharing.

John

Thanks, John!

We were in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Cannakale, Ankara, Izmir, Konya, Pamakaale and Pergamum, not necessarily in that order.

Thanks, Alcina, any suggestions?

Fantastic, Chantal. First one, you really nailed the balloon. Second one, the light on the mountains is perfect.

Thanks, Alcina, any suggestions?

Lightroom if you have it. I went in and tweaked the contrast, exposure & WB and it made a remarkable difference. If you want to get really fancy you can play with the other sliders...I'll take this down if you want, but this is a 10 second tweak on your file - on the original you won't get the pixellation etc:

Up_Up.jpg

snowy_mountains-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom