Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

can anyone tell me what this thing is? The picture was taken at Sodwana Bay, South Africa about 15 meters down, on a night dive. It is roughly 30cm long.

Picture-432.jpg

spankey that is a slipper lobster.

++Ken++

HAHA! :rofl3:

Paradicio,

I like your shots, both here and on the link. The waterfall is wonderful.

Please excuse the embellishment below. It's all I could think of after looking at the picture.

Follow, Follow......
yellowbrick.jpg

Chuck

Larry, I am so envious of your new aquisition. You must be having some serious fun.
Tell me something, someone told me that the raw file from that camera can only be viewed/processed with the Nikon software provided. Is this true?

Wow Marc that is fantastic! Congrats, you should be very proud!

Larry, I am so envious of your new aquisition. You must be having some serious fun.
Tell me something, someone told me that the raw file from that camera can only be viewed/processed with the Nikon software provided. Is this true?

To be honest, Marc, I haven't even tried RAW (NEF) yet. From my understanding, the regular 12bit RAW can be processed elsewhere but the 14bit can only be done on the Capture NX software. It seems to be a really decent program. I've done a couple of JPEGs on it, and it was really easy to use. It even has a simple lens distortion correction slider that will straighten out barrel distortion and corner falloff. I had a shot of my son taken with my 35mm lens, pretty much wide open indoors on Xmas. He was in the corner of the picture and his head was egg shaped. I straightened it out easily. Only problem was that you then have to crop a bit because the edges are no longer straight. I'm sure I'll be playing with the RAW settings soon, and I'll let you know. My photoshop program is PS7, so I can't open other RAW stuff in it either. Normally I use Rawshooter on my Olympus, which I understand was bought by ADOBE and incorporated into Lightroom. I did read something about the D300 and D3 using a new processor which is incompatible with previous RAW programs, and for which Nikon is withholding information from other suppliers. Can't tell you for sure, I only know what I read on the internet.

Congrats on your published picture!

Someone told me that the raw file from that camera can only be viewed/processed with the Nikon software provided. Is this true?

I had read this stuff in researching the camera as well. Apparently, it is untrue as further research has come up with this on the Adobe website.

Adobe - Adobe Photoshop CS3: Digital camera raw file support

I tried a couple of pics in RAW this afternoon. First, you can edit them fairly substantially in the camera. Second, Capture NX comes with the camera, and allows you not only white balance, but black balance and color balance as well. I haven't figured out how to use the program much, but it seems to be quite versatile. Of course, once you're done there, you can always open the pic in PS and use the toolbox there as well. I currently don't use PS for converting my Olympus shots. I convert and adjust them in Rawshooter, then when I'm pretty happy I convert them to JPEG and finish the job in PS7. It's taken me two years to become reasonably proficient with the SP-350. I'm sure it'll take at least that long for the D300. I'll save the rest of this stuff for the general forum and we'll get back to the pretty pictures now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom